Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Nokia Lumia 900 review - My favorite Windows Phone yet


With its pop-art aesthetic and satisfying specs, the $100 Nokia Lumia 900 for AT&T is the Windows Phone I'd rather use.


After months and months of waiting for the Microsoft-Nokia partnership to bear smartphone fruit here in the U.S., the Nokia Lumia 900 is finally here! I won't say that I couldn't be happier, because I could, but let's just say that I'm very happy with this phone as a mainstream offering that makes Microsoft's Windows Phone portfolio much more exciting, and AT&T's lineup to boot.

I'd like to direct you to the review instead of spilling all the goods here, because the photos are fantastic, the video will show you what you need to know, and the review goes in-depth to answer some of the questions I think you're going to have about the brightness of the screen compared with other similar phones, the way it feels in the hand, and how fast LTE really is.
However, I will tell you here that I think Nokia should be proud of its efforts and that I think a lot of people are going to really like this phone. I happen to be one of them.
No, it isn't the absolute most premium smartphone on the market (in fact, TechRepublic, in a teardown, calls it cheap), and I roll my eyes at the thought of the term "iPhone-killer." (With roughly a 50 percent share of the U.S. market, and Android as the other half, more or less, it's unrealistic to think that a single device on a tertiary platform isgoing to suddenly catch fire. But I digress.)


What it is, is a solid performer with plenty of personality, and ingredients that add up to a handset that showcases Windows Phone OS better than any I've seen so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment